.begin for Educators
Why learn mindfulness as an educator?
The benefits of mindfulness for school staff have been well researched and include:
- a reduction in stress, burnout and anxiety
- a reduction in the sense of task and time pressure
For more information please read Professor Katherine Weare’s paper Evidence for Mindfulness: Impacts on the Wellbeing and Performance of School Staff.
What will I get from .begin?
.begin is an introduction to mindfulness for the purpose of supporting participants in terms of their own understanding of mindfulness and general wellbeing. .begin does not involve training to teach mindfulness to young people or adults.
If you are interested in teaching mindfulness to your pupils, those who complete the .begin course and continue to practise mindfulness on a regular basis can then qualify for further training to teach either our Paws b curriculum (for 7 – 11 year-olds) or our .b curriculum (for 11 – 18 year-olds).
What are the prerequisites?
- Either work or volunteer in a school or work/volunteer within an educational setting on a regular basis. Please note School governors and those who volunteer regularly in a school (including parent volunteers) are also eligible to apply.
- Be over 18 years of age
- Be able to commit to the dates and times of the online sessions
- Have access to a computer or laptop with a webcam and have a good broadband speed capable of running Zoom, click here to check technical requirements.
- Understand that this course is not intended as a therapeutic intervention. Should you have any concerns regarding your mental or physical health, please see your GP or other medical advisors.
- .begin is intended for participants who have not previously taken part in an 8-week secular mindfulness training course.
- Understand that .begin does not involve training to teach mindfulness to young people or adults. It is an introduction to mindfulness for the purpose of supporting participants in terms of their own understanding of mindfulness and general wellbeing.
NB Applicants from outside of the UK must: Meet the above prerequisites and be able to speak and understand English to an Upper Intermediate Level, ie be able to interact fluently with native speakers, communicate effectively and understand everyday language.
How much does .begin cost?
A supported place on a .begin course will be automatically offered to all those working or volunteering regularly in a state-funded school in the UK, the cost is £150 + VAT per person.
If you work for a local education authority or charity you may also be eligible for a supported place on a .begin course, please click here to read the Terms and Conditions and to complete the request form.
Otherwise, the price is £195 + VAT per person
If you wish to discuss group training requirements please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
We now offer 45 minute live-online sessions delivered by a trained MiSP instructor to support anyone interested in finding out more about mindfulness and the eight-week .begin course. Click here to book a place on a Free information webinar.