.begin for Parents & Carers
Why learn mindfulness as a parent or carer?
The benefits of mindfulness for parents and carers could include:
- a calmer, more considered approach
- a greater ability to cope with the stresses of parenting and caring
What will I get from .begin?
Being a parent is a highly demanding role, it can be both stressful and challenging however old your child is and it can leave you feeling insecure and at times overwhelmed.
.begin is not a ‘how to parent’ course and does not involve training to teach mindfulness to young people or adults. It is an introduction to mindfulness for the purpose of supporting you in your own understanding of mindfulness and general wellbeing.
We hope that the skills you develop over the eight-weeks will support you in your role as a parent and that the children in your care will learn from you as a role model.
Jo Brierley explains how mindfulness has helped her as a parent.
What are the prerequisites?
- Be either be a parent or carer of a young person
- Be over 18 years of age
- Be able to commit to the dates and times of the online sessions
- Have access to a computer or laptop with a webcam and have a good broadband speed capable of running Zoom, click here to check technical requirements.
- Understand that this course is not intended as a therapeutic intervention. Should you have any concerns regarding your mental or physical health, please see your GP or other medical advisors.
- .begin is intended for participants who have not previously taken part in an 8-week secular mindfulness training course.
- Understand that .begin does not involve training to teach mindfulness to young people or adults. It is an introduction to mindfulness for the purpose of supporting participants in terms of their own understanding of mindfulness and general wellbeing. It is not a parenting course.
NB Applicants from outside of the UK must: Meet the above prerequisites and be able to speak and understand English to an Upper Intermediate Level, ie be able to interact fluently with native speakers, communicate effectively and understand everyday language.
How much does .begin cost?
The price is £195 + VAT per person
If you wish to discuss group training requirements please contact email@example.com
We now offer FREE 30 minute live-online sessions delivered by a trained MiSP instructor to support anyone interested in finding out more about mindfulness and the eight-week .begin course. Click here to book a place on a Free information webinar.