Mindfulness in Schools Project is delighted to offer access to Maggie Farrar’s fortnightly online leadership development programme.
If you are one of over 6,000 teachers who have undertaken an 8 week mindfulness course and have trained to teach the MISP curriculum, then this programme is for you. You may be leading a class, a team or be responsible for an aspect of the schools’ development and improvement. You may be a teacher, a middle or a senior leader.
Join Maggie to explore the professional benefits of mindfulness to cultivate and sustain our leadership, whatever our role, and to discover the power of developing a culture of mindfulness across a school and the impact this can have on all members of a school community.
In this programme you will explore the following
- The power of ‘leadership presence’ and how the practice of mindfulness helps strengthen ‘present moment awareness’ and the ability to ‘ be with’ whatever is happening moment by moment, day by day
- Mindfulness practices to strengthen well being and the wellbeing of others, wisely handling anxiety, stress and overwhelm;
- Mindfulness practices to recognise and skillfully work with imposter syndrome, the inner critic and perfection syndrome, building our own inner strength and confidence to lead well
- How we remain balanced and respond wisely when faced with challenge and complexity particularly in relation to decision making and taking action;
- Practices to strengthen resilience and resonance as leaders and the importance of cultivating daily practices to ‘renew’ and sustain ourselves through the complex and demanding role of leadership;
- Working with and influencing others to cultivate the practices of whole heartedness, appreciative joy and compassion as a means of leading strong, mindful, purposeful and resilient organisations.
What are the prerequisites?
This training is open to those who have completed an 8 week instructor-led mindfulness course and is working, or aiming to work, in a leadership role in a school or other educational setting.
As an online course, it is crucial that participants attend the training …
- In a quiet space where they will not be interrupted
- Having checked all technology is working to a quality that allows for full engagement with the taught course. This will include attendance on a pre-course Zoom orientation and checking session.
NB: Participants are expected to keep webcams on during the course.
- Away from any distractions, and fully committed to engaging in all taught sessions and activities
Applicants from outside of the UK must: Meet the above prerequisites and be able to speak and understand English to an Upper Intermediate Level, ie be able to interact fluently with native speakers, communicate effectively and understand everyday language.
When is it?
This is a 6 session programme run every fortnight on Thursdays at 5pm. Core elements of each session will last 1 hour with an optional additional 30 minutes for further discussion. Session dates are as follows:
- 11th November 2021
- 25th November 2021
- 9th December 2021
- 13th January 2022
- 27th January 2022
- 10th February 2022
How much does it cost?
This 6 session programme costs £195 to attend. If you are working in a state-funded school in the UK, you will be offered a Supported Place at a cost of £150 per person.