We are committed to providing additional support to those practising mindfulness and we are therefore pleased to termly online One Day Retreats. These are open to anyone who has completed an approved eight-week mindfulness course and wishes to reconnect with or deepen their practice in community with other mindfulness practitioners.
A day of coming together as mindfulness practitioners to reconnect and deepen our practice.
An ongoing mindfulness practice provides the foundations for sharing mindfulness with others. Embodied awareness is at the heart of this.
This one-day retreat therefore represents an opportunity to reconnect with your practice as part of a community of mindfulness practitioners.
Starting at 10am and finishing at 3.30pm, the first half of the day will consist of a mix of formal and informal practice, enquiry and group discussion. In the afternoon sessions there will be periods of silence, combining practising while sitting, stretching, walking and journaling. Participants will have the option for this to be a silent retreat if they wish to.
Attendance certificates will be provided to all participants, and we will welcome feedback from those who attend the retreat.
What are the prerequisites?
Our MiSP one-day Retreats are open to anyone who has completed an approved 8-week adult mindfulness course and meets the prerequisites here.
How much does it cost?
This one-day retreat will be FREE for Hub members and £50 for non-Hub members.
This Retreat meets the conditions of an exempt supply of education provided by an eligible body and is therefore exempt from VAT.
Hub members should apply for the Retreat here: One Day Retreats – Hub Members – Mindfulness in Schools Project
If you are not currently a Hub member but have previously completed a MiSP course, we invite you to renew your membership. Membership fees start from just £25 and Hub membership includes FREE access to additional webinars, materials and resources.
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING CAREFULLY:
As an online Retreat, it is crucial that you ensure that you attend this session…
- In a quiet space where you will not be interrupted, and not sharing a laptop or being in the same room as someone else attending the session (this is to avoid audio feedback issues).
- Having checked all technology is working to a quality that allows for full engagement with the taught retreat. It is the individual’s responsibility to ensure that the technical requirements are working in advance of this retreat.
- Please note that you are required to have your camera switched on, unless advised otherwise during the sessions.
- Using a PC/laptop/Mac with reasonable broadband and a webcam. This session will take place on Zoom. If you have reasonable broadband then it should work, but an exact list of the technical requirements for Zoom can be found on their website if you want to check. You cannot join the retreat using a mobile device or tablet as these may have limited functionality when using Zoom.
- Take part in the session as you would if the session was happening with everyone in the same room. This means stepping away from distractions (technology, work commitments etc.), and fully committing to engaging in this Retreat
N.B. The MiSP One Day Retreat is not suitable for those attending from their workplace. Stepping back from work and other commitments is a crucial aspect of a mindfulness retreat day, allowing you to fully engage with your practice, personal and professional development.
If you meet the Prerequisites for a MiSP one Day Retreat and agree to the Terms and conditions for a MiSP One Day Retreat please complete the application form below. The application form cannot be completed by someone else on your behalf.
Hub members should apply for the Retreat here: One Day Retreats – Hub Members