AN INTRODUCTION TO MINDFULNESS
& HOW IT CAN HELP WITH SCHOOL TRANSITION
This informative and engaging course is an introduction to mindfulness for teachers, including the science behind mindfulness and how it can support individuals in schools to enhance their wellbeing.
Participants will also be trained to deliver .breathe, our four lesson curriculum for 9-14 year olds to be taught in the classroom as part of the Personal, Social, Health and Economic education (PSHE) curriculum in Years 5-9 (ages 9-14 years).
.breathe is particularly well-suited to those young people facing transition from class to class, from lockdown back to school, from primary to secondary, and from childhood to adolescence.
Find out more about the .breathe curriculum.
PLEASE NOTE: The Teach .breathe course involves training to teach the curriculum to pupils, but not to provide any form of teacher training for adults (i.e. training others to teach the .breathe course)
This is an ONLINE course and all times quoted are UK Times.
PLEASE NOTE: It is essential that you attend all sessions, in order to be deemed as having completed the course.
Course Date – Wednesday 22nd June 2022 from 08.45 – 16.00 (UK Times).
Experience of working or volunteering with groups of children aged 9-14 years of age is essential as Teach .breathe is not a course which teaches the classroom teaching and management skills needed when working with this age group.
As an online course, it is crucial that you ensure that you attend the training …
- In a quiet space where you will not be interrupted, and not sharing a laptop or being in the same room as someone else attending the course (this is to avoid audio feedback issues).
- Having checked all technology is working to a quality that allows for full engagement with the taught course. It is the individual’s responsibility to ensure that the technical requirements are working in advance of this course. If you have any concerns at all please do email support@mindfulnessinschools.
org to arrange a one-to-one tech check session. This is an opportunity to familiarise yourself with Zoom and to check that you are set up correctly on the Zoom platform in order to join our online courses. You will need to download the Zoom app to your laptop or computer that you will be using for the actual course. We will check that your webcam and microphones are working and ensure that you are able to use break out rooms. Please ensure that you join this Tech Check Session in the same location and using the same equipment that you will be using for the actual course. This will eliminate future problems and delays.
- Please note that you are required to have your camera switched on, unless advised otherwise during the course (e.g. during lunch breaks).
- Using a PC/laptop/Mac with reasonable broadband and a webcam. Each lesson will take place on Zoom. If you have reasonable broadband then it should work, but an exact list of the technical requirements for Zoom can be found on their website if you want to check. You cannot join the course using a mobile device or tablet as these may have limited functionality when using Zoom.
- Take part in the training as you would if the course was happening with everyone in the same room. This means stepping away from distractions (technology, work commitments etc.), and fully committed to engaging in all taught sessions and activities.
N.B. If you have no alternative but to attend the course from your workplace, please ensure that your colleagues understand that you will not be available for work-related tasks or responsibilities such as supervising students or attending meetings.
If you are new to mindfulness, we would also encourage you to attend one of our online webinars, and deepen your understanding of mindfulness through reading and following the practices in Mindfulness: A Practical Guide to Finding Peace in a Frantic World prior to attending the Teach .breathe course.
If you meet the Prerequisites for training and agree to the Terms & Conditions for attending a MiSP one-day course and the Terms & Conditions for delivering a .breathe course, please complete the application form below.
Please note that the contents of this form will be treated as confidential, however, they will be viewed by the MiSP administration team and your course instructor. We take privacy seriously and will only use this personal information to administer your account and provide the products and services you have requested from us.