A FREE Teacher Surgery (Group Mentoring) for .breathe Teachers
We are committed to providing additional support to teachers delivering our curricula in schools so that children and young people have the best opportunities to access the benefits of mindfulness. We are therefore pleased to announce ongoing training for our .breathe teachers in the form of 90 minute Teacher Surgery (Group Mentoring) sessions. These provide the opportunity for:
- Deepening your understanding and experience of mindfulness.
- Supporting the teaching of .breathe in your setting.
Sessions will be 90 minutes long and will include:
- 30 minutes mindfulness practice and enquiry.
- 60 minutes discussion about, and exercises to support, the teaching of the .breathe lessons.
Each session will be different, so you are encouraged to attend as many as you are able.
Interested in signing up?
These sessions have been carefully developed to nurture and develop our growing MiSP community and are free to all trained .breathe members of the Hub. Places are limited per session and, as a result, we may not be able to accommodate all applicants.
If you are not currently a Hub member, we invite you to renew your membership to be eligible to attend these sessions. Membership fees start from just £25 and Hub membership now includes FREE access to our annual conference, as well as access to additional webinars, materials and resources.
Due to the limited availability of places please only apply if you are confident you will be able to attend. If you are subsequently unable to attend, please inform us as soon as possible so we can offer the place to someone else.
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING CAREFULLY:
As an online session, it is crucial that you ensure that you attend this session…
- In a quiet space where you will not be interrupted, and not sharing a laptop or being in the same room as someone else attending the course (this is to avoid audio feedback issues).
- Having checked all technology is working to a quality that allows for full engagement with the taught course. It is the individual’s responsibility to ensure that the technical requirements are working in advance of this session.
- Please note that you are required to have your camera switched on, unless advised otherwise during the session.
- Using a PC/laptop/Mac with reasonable broadband and a webcam. This session will take place on Zoom. If you have reasonable broadband then it should work, but an exact list of the technical requirements for Zoom can be found on their website if you want to check. You cannot join the session using a mobile device or tablet as these may have limited functionality when using Zoom.
- Take part in the session as you would if the session was happening with everyone in the same room. This means stepping away from distractions (technology, work commitments etc.), and fully committed to engaging in this 60 minute session.
N.B. If you have no alternative but to attend the session from your workplace, please ensure that your colleagues understand that you will not be available for work-related tasks or responsibilities such as supervising students or attending meetings.
If you have trained to teach .breathe and would like to continue your professional development as a mindfulness in schools teacher, please use the apply button below, which will direct you to the Hub and relevant Zoom registrations.