This training course is for those who wish to teach mindfulness to 7-11 year olds. The course consists of real-time lessons, pedagogy sessions, discussion groups and opportunities to practise guiding the Paws b practices with each other.
Our hope for this course is threefold: to equip participants with the materials and understanding of the curriculum to be able to begin teaching the lessons straight away; to continue to support the development of personal mindfulness practice; to encourage the development of a sense of community amongst participants beyond the course as they go on to work with the young people in their settings. For more details about Paws b, please click here.
This is an ONLINE course and all times quoted are UK Time.
The training day will run from 10.00 – 15.00 over four days.
There will be a compulsory orientation session on Friday 18th September 2020 at 16.00 lasting approximately 45 mins.
It is essential that you attend this session so that we can walk you through the many features of zoom and discuss online protocols in order for you to get the most out of the training.
The training days will start on Tuesday 29th September 2020 from 09.45 – 15.00 and then from 10.00 – 15.00 on days 2 – 3 and 10.00 – 14.30 on day 4 (Wednesday 30th September to Friday 2nd October).
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING:
- The Teach Paws b course involves training to teach the curriculum to pupils, but not to provide any form of teacher training for adults (i.e. training others to teach the Paws b course)
- All slides for use during Paws b lessons are available in both PC and Mac-friendly PowerPoint Slide Show (.ppsx) formats. In order to use these slides, you will need to have access to PowerPoint 2013. Please therefore check in advance that you have access to PowerPoint via Mac or PC via your own laptop and/or at the school/organisation where you will be teaching the lessons. Unfortunately, the PowerPoint Slide Show format will not play on Chromebooks or other systems using Google slides.
- We require full attendance on all aspects of the course in order for participants to receive final certification to teach our curricula and related access to all teaching materials via our Hub. This means attending every session on each training day. If a participant misses any aspect of the course due to illness or an emergency situation, will review the situation on a case by case basis. If we are able to offer catch-up sessions we may require an additional fee to be paid to MiSP for the trainer’s time.
As an online course, it is crucial that you ensure that you attend the training …
- … in a quiet space where you will not be interrupted
- … having checked all technology is working to a quality that allows for full engagement with the taught course. This will include attendance on a pre-course Zoom orientation and checking session.
NB: Participants will be expected to keep webcams on during the course.
- … away from any distractions, and fully committed to engaging in all taught sessions and activities
If you meet the Prerequisites for training and agree to the Terms & Conditions for booking a Teach Paws b course and the Terms and conditions of teaching the Paws b curriculum please complete the application form below. The application form cannot be completed by someone else on your behalf.
* As a charity we are delighted to be able to offer a number of free and reduced price places on some MiSP training courses to schools who have above average numbers of at least one of the following categories: Pupils receiving Free School Meals or Pupil Premium; Pupils with English as an Additional Language (EAL); Pupils with SEN support. For more information about MiSP supported places click here.