A FREE Teacher Surgery (Group Mentoring) for .b Teachers
We are committed to providing additional support to teachers delivering our curricula in schools so that children and young people have the best opportunities to access the benefits of mindfulness. We are therefore pleased to announce ongoing training for our .b teachers in the form of 90 minute Teacher Surgery (Group Mentoring) sessions. These provide the opportunity to:
- Explore specific themes or issues in order to provide support and learning on key aspects of teaching MiSP curricula.
- Share learning around teaching a specific lesson or practice (in contrast with the broader themes explored in Teaching Skills Workshops).
- Develop a sense of community to support each other in best practice of teaching mindfulness within a schools or youth-based context.
How are the sessions different to the Teaching Skills Workshops?
The sessions will be a combination of practice, question and answer sessions with experienced MiSP trainers and broader group sharing of experience. At the beginning of each session, you will be invited to submit any questions you have regarding specific teaching themes such as a particular practice or lesson. These questions will be collated, and as many as possible will be answered within the time available. If we run out of time, we will aim to provide responses after the session.
Typical questions might include:
- How do I respond to students distracting others?
- I’m thinking of running .b practice sessions for my students. What’s the best way of doing this?
- I am working with some vulnerable students – how can I keep then safe while still accessing the sessions?
Please note: If you wish to discuss broader skills such as enquiry or guiding practices, we would recommend you attend the appropriate teaching skills workshop.
Interested in signing up?
These sessions have been carefully developed to nurture and develop our growing MiSP community and are free to all trained .b members of the Hub. Places are limited and, as a result, we may not be able to accommodate all applicants.
If you are not currently a Hub member, we invite you to renew your membership to be eligible to attend these Surgeries. Membership fees start from just £25 and Hub membership now includes FREE access to our annual conference, as well as access to additional webinars, materials and resources.
Due to the limited availability of places please only apply if you are confident you will be able to attend. If you are subsequently unable to attend, please inform us as soon as possible so we can offer the place to someone else. We will allocate places on a first -come-first served basis and will confirm if your registration has been approved. If you are not successful in getting a place on this surgery, we will be holding these on a regular basis so please do apply for the next session.
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING CAREFULLY:
As an online surgery, it is crucial that you ensure that you attend this session…
- In a quiet space where you will not be interrupted, and not sharing a laptop or being in the same room as someone else attending the surgery (this is to avoid audio feedback issues).
- Having checked all technology is working to a quality that allows for full engagement with the taught session. It is the individual’s responsibility to ensure that the technical requirements are working in advance of this session.
- Please note that you are required to have your camera switched on, unless advised otherwise during the session.
- Using a PC/laptop/Mac with reasonable broadband and a webcam. This session will take place on Zoom. If you have reasonable broadband then it should work, but an exact list of the technical requirements for Zoom can be found on their website if you want to check. You cannot join the session using a mobile device or tablet as these may have limited functionality when using Zoom.
- Take part in the surgery as you would if the session was happening with everyone in the same room. This means stepping away from distractions (technology, work commitments etc.), and fully committed to engaging in this 90 minute session.
N.B. If you have no alternative but to attend the surgery from your workplace, please ensure that your colleagues understand that you will not be available for work-related tasks or responsibilities such as supervising students or attending meetings.
If you have trained to teach .b and would like to continue your professional development as a mindfulness in schools teacher, please use the apply button below, which will direct you to the Hub and relevant Zoom registrations.