A FREE Skills Workshop for .b, Paws b and dots Teachers
We are committed to providing additional support to teachers delivering our curricula in schools so that children and young people have the best opportunities to access the benefits of mindfulness. We are therefore pleased to announce a series of six free workshops providing ongoing training for our trained .b, Paws b and dots teachers who are members of the Hub. These 90 minute workshops will provide an opportunity to:
- Explore core themes and skills
- Develop mindfulness teaching competencies
- Build connections with others in this sector
- Access expert guidance on implementing mindfulness in schools
Places are limited and, as a result, we may not be able to accommodate all applicants. CPD certificates will be provided to all participants, and we will welcome feedback from these sessions, so that we can continue to improve the workshops going forward.
If you are not currently a Hub member, we invite you to renew your membership to be eligible to attend these workshops. Membership fees start from just £25 and Hub membership includes FREE access to ongoing development and support through webinars, materials and resources.
Due to the limited availability and high demand for places, please only apply if you are confident you will be able to attend. If you are subsequently unable to attend, please inform us as soon as possible so we can offer the place to someone else.
The six workshops run at 4pm for 90 minutes. The workshop themes are as follows and please refer to our website for the relevant dates:
- Understanding Intentions
- Guiding Practices
- Nurturing Learning
- Embodying Mindfulness Qualities
- Impacting Your Community
- Following the Science
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING CAREFULLY:
As an online workshop, it is crucial that you ensure that you attend this session…
- In a quiet space where you will not be interrupted, and not sharing a laptop or being in the same room as someone else attending the workshop (this is to avoid audio feedback issues).
- Having checked all technology is working to a quality that allows for full engagement with the taught workshop. It is the individual’s responsibility to ensure that the technical requirements are working in advance of this workshop.
- Please note that you are required to have your camera switched on, unless advised otherwise during the session.
- Using a PC/laptop/Mac with reasonable broadband and a webcam. This session will take place on Zoom. If you have reasonable broadband then it should work, but an exact list of the technical requirements for Zoom can be found on their website if you want to check. You cannot join the workshop using a mobile device or tablet as these may have limited functionality when using Zoom.
- Take part in the workshop as you would if the session was happening with everyone in the same room. This means stepping away from distractions (technology, work commitments etc.), and fully committed to engaging in this 90 minute session.
N.B. If you have no alternative but to attend the workshop from your workplace, please ensure that your colleagues understand that you will not be available for work-related tasks or responsibilities such as supervising students or attending meetings.
If you have trained to teach .b, Paws b or dots and you are currently a member of the Hub and would like to continue your professional development as a mindfulness in schools teacher, please complete the application form below. The application form cannot be completed by someone else on your behalf.
Please Note: These workshops are for current Hub members only and you will need to login to complete the form. If your Hub membership has lapsed, please renew it before completing this application. You can see many of the other benefits of membership on the Hub registration page.