1. Completion of a Teacher Training Level 1 course as a teacher of mindfulness to adults with continued adherence to the UK Network for Mindfulness-Based teachers Good Practice Guidelines
You must have trained to teach mindfulness to adults with an organisation listed here before training to teach .b Foundations to teachers and school staff.
.b Foundations is not designed to develop the skills needed to teach mindfulness to adults per se. This 3-day training has been designed to support adult mindfulness teachers in the development of particular skills necessary for teaching mindfulness to adults in a professional, educational setting.
2. A well-established formal practice of at least 20-30 consecutive minutes, on 6 out of 7 days a week
The .b Foundations curriculum is underpinned by knowledge and personal experience of the formal mindfulness practices common to secular mindfulness courses such as MBCT and MBSR. It is therefore assumed that those who attend our 3-day Teach .b Foundations training courses have a well-embedded experiential understanding of the key practices involved.
3. Ongoing commitment as a Teach .b Foundations teacher
If mindfulness is to become an established part of the education of children and young people, it is vital that the highest standards of professionalism and evidence-based integrity are maintained. We believe that this is in the interests of all those teaching and learning mindfulness.
Personal Mindfulness Practice
Having an established personal mindfulness practice allows you to:
- Teach mindfully
- Embody mindfulness
- Model mindfulness to other teachers and school staff
- Guide practices with awareness and compassion
- Skilfully respond in enquiry appropriate to a professional setting
Teaching Mindfulness to teachers and school staff
- Ability to facilitate interest and engagement within a professional setting
- Holding of an open, safe and professionally appropriate learning environment for teachers and school staff
- Good communication skills
- Skilful management of group dynamics
If, due to exceptional circumstances, you would like us to consider an alternative training pathway, please contact the applications team on firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that we are unable to hold places until an application form is received.