Learn how to support yourself, your staff and your pupils….
This 1-day course is designed to be informative, practical and interactive. Numbers will be limited to ensure this is achievable. You will have the opportunity to:
- Experience mindfulness and feel the benefits
- Sample classroom-based mindfulness curricula for primary and secondary school pupils, and school staff
- Hear from a senior leader who has successfully introduced mindfulness into their school
- Meet with other senior leaders, sharing ideas and good practice
- Make the case for mindfulness – how to convince your colleagues that mindfulness is worthwhile
- Take your next steps towards bringing mindfulness to your school
“Great format, wonderfully paced, extremely knowledgable staff” London, September 2016
Session 1: Mindfulness – the Fundamentals
- Learn what mindfulness really is and what it isn’t
- Where does mindfulness come from?
- Identify the benefits of mindfulness for pupils and staff
Session 2: Try it for Yourself
- Try a ‘FOFBOC’, .b and other practices designed for the classroom
- Discuss how mindfulness may support those in a senior leadership position
- Explore how to integrate mindfulness into a busy school day
Session 3: Sample some lessons from the MiSP curricula
- For 7-11 year olds (Paws b)
- For 11-18 years olds (.b)
- For school staff (.b Foundations)
Session 4: How to bring mindfulness to your school
- Hear from senior leaders about how to integrate mindfulness successfully in schools
- Share ideas for effective strategies
- Develop a plan of action
“Fantastic day, really clear perspective now on how to introduce it to our school” London, September 2016
Do you offer free places on courses?
As a charity we are delighted to be able to offer a number of free and reduced price places on some MiSP training courses to schools who have above average numbers of pupils receiving Free School Meals. For more information about MiSP supported places click here.