May/June 2017 – to be confirmed
Mindfulness in Schools Project (MiSP) is the UK’s leading provider of mindfulness for schools, creator of the highly acclaimed .b curriculum for secondary schools, Paws b curriculum for primary schools and .b Foundations for school staff.
How to introduce Mindfulness into your school
Learn how to support yourself, your staff and your pupils….
This 1-day course is designed to be informative, practical and interactive. Numbers will be limited to ensure this is achievable. You will have the opportunity to:
- Experience mindfulness and feel the benefits
- Sample classroom-based mindfulness curricula for primary and secondary school pupils, and school staff
- Hear from a senior leader who has successfully introduced mindfulness into their school
- Meet with other senior leaders, sharing ideas and good practice
- Make the case for mindfulness – how to convince your colleagues that mindfulness is worthwhile
- Take your next steps towards bringing mindfulness to your school
Session 1: Mindfulness – the Fundamentals
- Learn what mindfulness really is and what it isn’t
- Where does mindfulness come from?
- Identify the benefits of mindfulness for pupils and staff
Session 2: Try it for Yourself
- Try a ‘FOFBOC’, .b and other practices designed for the classroom
- Discuss how mindfulness may support those in a senior leadership position
- Explore how to integrate mindfulness into a busy school day
Session 3: Sample some lessons from the MiSP curricula
- For 7-11 year olds (Paws b)
- For 11-18 years olds (.b)
- For school staff (.b Foundations)
Session 4: How to bring mindfulness to your school
- Hear from senior leaders about how to integrate mindfulness successfully in schools
- Share ideas for effective strategies
- Develop a plan of action
Do you offer free places on courses?
MiSP is now a registered charity and so able to offer a limited number of free and discounted places on our courses to teachers working in UK schools depending on the number of pupils in the school who receive Pupil Premium Funding. To learn more about this offer and register your interest please click here