.begin for Parents & Carers Application
- Be either be a parent or carer of a young person.
- Be over 18 years of age.
- Be able to commit to the dates and times of all the online sessions.
- Have access to a computer or laptop with a webcam and have a good broadband speed capable of running Zoom, click here to check technical requirements.
- Understand that this course is not intended as a therapeutic intervention, but simply as an introduction to mindfulness. Should you have any concerns regarding your mental or physical health, please see your GP or other medical advisors.
Applicants from outside of the UK must:
- Meet the above prerequisites
- Be able to speak and understand English to an ‘Upper Intermediate Level’, ie be able to interact fluently with native speakers, communicate effectively and understand everyday language.
I confirm that I meet the prerequisites listed above.
.begin is an introduction to mindfulness for your own wellbeing
Please confirm that you have not completed an 8-week introduction to mindfulness course for adults, or similar. .begin is intended for participants who have not previously taken part in an 8-week secular mindfulness training course. If you are unsure, please contact email@example.com.
I have not completed an 8-week introduction to mindfulness course for adults, or similar. For example, MBSR, MBCT, Breathworks, Mindfulness-Based Living Course (MBLC) and MSC (8-week version).
Please confirm that you understand that .begin does not involve training to teach mindfulness to young people or adults. It is an introduction to mindfulness for the purpose of supporting participants in terms of their own understanding of mindfulness and general wellbeing.
I understand that .begin does not involve training to teach mindfulness to young people or adults.
Please confirm that you understand that this course is not a substitute for any medical treatment you might need. If you have recently experienced trauma, bereavement, severe depression or any other mental or physical health condition, please confirm that you have consulted with a medical practitioner that attending a .begin course is appropriate for you.
I have read the information above and confirm I understand that this course is not a substitute for any medical treatment I might need. I agree that if I have, or have recently had, difficult life experiences, or symptoms of physical or mental ill-health including trauma, bereavement, severe depression or any other mental or physical health condition, it is my responsibility to consult with my doctor and/or other healthcare professionals and follow their advice. I understand that course instructors are not able to offer therapeutic support.
Terms & Conditions
Please confirm that you have read and agree to the Terms & Conditions for booking a .begin course.
I have read and agree to the Terms & Conditions for booking a .begin course.
I have read and agree to MiSP using my data for the purposes set out in the Privacy Notice.
3. Complete the Application Form
Please read each question carefully, and respond as fully and accurately as possible.