Ratified by: The Board of Trustees, also known as the Board of Directors
Date ratified: 16 November 2020
Scheduled review date: November 2022 (currently under review)
1. OUR COMMITMENT
Mindfulness in Schools Project (MiSP) recognises the importance of climate change and is committed to sustainable development (meeting the needs of the present without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs). This is a guiding principle within our work, where growing our understanding is an on-going and continuous process. We constantly consider ways in which we can conserve energy, and other resources we consume, and to minimise waste in all our activities. We seek to promote environmentally responsible ways of working with our suppliers, partners and other stakeholders.. Our aim is to reduce the carbon and environmental impact of our operations and to be an environmentally responsible charity.
2. OUR ENVIRONMENTAL / SUSTAINABILITY ACTION PLAN
In order to achieve this we will:
- Promote responsibility for the environment throughout the organisation and communicate and implement this policy at all levels.
- Utilise, and promote the use of, recycled materials wherever possible, ensuring that materials are then recycled again or disposed of in an environmentally safe manner at the end of their useful life.
- Minimise waste by reduction, re-use and recycling methods.
- Minimise our use of fossil fuels by meeting virtually whenever possible, and when it is not, discouraging the use of cars for single occupant journeys, encouraging the use of public transport and travelling by train instead of plane where possible.
- Make efficient and environmentally responsible use of energy, water and other natural resources.
- Comply with all relevant environmental legislation/regulation.
- Ensure that our policies and services are developed in a way that is complimentary to this policy
- Ensure that venues that we use have a commitment to sustainability
- Ensure that, where possible, venues are in easy reach of public transport systems
- Raise and maintain a high level of understanding of, and participation in, environmental best practices by employees, volunteers and other stakeholders.
- Publish and communicate this policy on our website.
3. CONTACT DETAILS
Lead officer: Chivonne Preston (Chief Executive)
Board contact: Sarah Ingram (Company Secretary)
4. FURTHER GUIDANCE
This policy should be read alongside the following our policies and procedures:
- Complaints Policy
- Data Protection Policy
- Equality, Inclusion and Diversity Policy
- Health and Safety Policy
- Safeguarding Policy
- Whistleblowing Policy
- Employee Handbook
5. POLICY REVIEW PROCEDURE
We are committed to reviewing this policy as soon as we become aware of any new, significant, relevant, factors, and at least every two years to assess its effectiveness and to update it in accordance with changes in the law.