Ben guides us through a Sit Together.
MiSP #SchoolsSitTogether events bring our national and international community together online for a group mindfulness practice.
These termly events are in support of children’s mental health and raise awareness of the need for young people to develop skills to support their own wellbeing, both inside and out.
For more Schools Sit Together recordings please visit our YouTube channel.
MiSP #SchoolSitTogether sessions are open to anyone in a school or educational setting who would like to join in with an accessible mindfulness sit, suitable for beginners as well as more experienced groups.
In previous #SchoolsSitTogether we have been joined by whole classrooms or hall-fulls of school children as well as smaller groups and individuals (see photos below!).
We aim to host a 20 minute #SchoolsSitTogether every half term. Please register for a Sit below:
If you cannot make a schedule session then please do use the resources to host your own Sit and tell us about it afterwards.
‘Sit Together’ sessions will be accessed via Zoom – an online platform that allows us to both see and hear each other, including our key training team members who will guide you through a practice.
If you don’t already have the Zoom app, you can download it for free here. Once installed on your device, simply click on the meeting link provided by MiSP at the allocated time, and we will take care of the rest. There is a useful video tutorial on how to join a meeting here.
- Identify a group of students and/or staff who would like to take part in a mindfulness practice for a minimum of 5 minutes.
- Decide on a place to sit together on the allotted date. Register for the Sit via the Zoom link.
- Download the English or Welsh language posters to advertise the event and to make sure people respect the silence on the day itself.
- Enjoy a silent or guided sit together for as long as you like.
- Once you’ve done this, let us know what you did and how long for, on our Facebook or Twitter pages using the #SchoolsSitTogether hashtag. Better still, send us a photo of the group who took part before or after your sit (make sure you get consent to do so) and we’ll list your school on our website.
- Download a certificate to give out to students and a badge to mark the event on your website.