Who are we?
Our charity, Mindfulness in Schools Project, is the most established provider of mindfulness training for schools, delivering world-leading curricula for classroom-based mindfulness. Our materials are based on rigorous research in clinical psychology and neuroscience, written by teachers for teachers, and used successfully in a wide range of educational contexts.
- Over 10 years’ experience of delivering mindfulness in schools.
- Over 5,000 teachers and educational staff trained from a broad range of schools and alternative educational establishments.
- Over 1,900 teachers with active Hub membership – spanning state and independent sectors.
- Over 12,500 children and young people surveyed to assess impact of MiSP curricula.
- Over 540,000 children and young people estimated to have already benefited from our tools and training.
- Our courses have been translated into 12 languages and are used worldwide.
- Our training and curricula regularly attract research by major universities in the UK and worldwide, including the MYRIAD project (Mindfulness and Resilience in Adolescence), the largest ever randomised control trial involving young people and mindfulness, funded by £6.5m from the Wellcome Trust and spearheaded by the University of Oxford alongside University College London (UCL), the MRC Cognition and Brain Sciences Unit at the University of Cambridge .
- We are proud to be backed by the National Association of Head Teachers, which represents 30,000 school leaders.
- Our curricula are recognised as part of the General Teaching Council of Scotland Accredited Professional Recognition Programme in Mindfulness in collaboration with Aberdeen University.
- We are part of the consultative group working on the Education strand of the Mindfulness All Party Parliamentary Group, which published the Mindful Nation UK
- We are a recognised provider of training as part of the Erasmus Programme (Registration No. 7038233).
- Member of the CPD Standards Office.
- Member of the Good Business Charter and Prompt Payment Code.
- Living Wage Employer
We are also very proud to have an outstanding group of patrons, including Jon Kabat-Zinn, one of the ‘founding fathers’ of contemporary secular mindfulness and Emeritus Professor of Medicine at the University of Massachusetts Medical School.