Who we are
At Mindfulness in Schools Project we value our friends and associates and respect your rights to privacy. We endeavour to keep your data safe at all times, this policy explains how we do this.
The type of data we collect and use
We collect data in a number of different ways and for several different reasons. Please find below a list of the places we store data, the type of data we store and the ways in which we use it.
Please note that if you choose, for any reason, not to allow us to use your personal data (as is your right) it may result in a less efficient or accurate service to you.
Booking a MiSP course or event
When you complete a website application form to attend a MiSP training course or event you will be asked to provide personal information. By supplying this information you are consenting to MiSP holding and using this information until the end of the training course. At the end of the training we will continue to hold personal information but only if you have agreed to this by ticking the box on the application form stating ‘I’d like to be kept up to date once I have trained so I can learn about additions to the HUB, MiSP news and events, SIT groups and further training with MiSP’.
Personal information collected and/or processed by us will be held in accordance with the provisions of the Data Protection Act 2018.
When someone visits our website we use a third party service, Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. This information is anonymous and we do not make, and do not allow Google to make, any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website.
We collect email addresses in order to let you know about upcoming events and courses, special offers and other MiSP-related news. We do not rent or trade email lists with other organisations and businesses.
We use a third-party provider, MailChimp, to deliver our emails. We gather statistics around email opening and clicks to help us monitor and improve our emails. For more information, please see MailChimp’s privacy notice. You can unsubscribe to general mailings at any time of the day or night by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any of our emails or by emailing us at email@example.com.
We use a third-party online system, Eventbrite, to book tickets for many of our events. Eventbrite collects and stores data that can include your name and contact details depending on the sort of event you are booking. You can, of course, always contact us directly to book tickets if you prefer. Please be assured that we do not share your personal details with any other company without your consent.
We occasionally share anonymised information with other organisations, particularly for research purposes.
Access to your personal information
You are entitled to view, amend, or delete the personal information that we hold. Email your request to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Right to Rectification – You have the right to ask for your data to be updated, especially if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to Erasure – You have the right to ask for your data to be deleted under certain circumstances, especially if the data is no longer needed for the specified purpose.
- Right to Restriction – You have the right to restrict processing of your data if it is not accurate, if the process is unlawful but you don’t want it erased or it is no longer needed for processing.
- Right to Objection – You have the right to object to your data being processed for direct marketing, profiling, automated means or scientific or historical purposes.
- Right to Portability – You have the right to have your data moved to another controller if it is processed by automated means, you have provided the data and consent.
- Right to Withdraw Consent – You have the right to withdraw your consent for your data to be processed.
If you wish to lodge a complaint about MiSP’s use of your data you can contact us at: email@example.com
Changes to this privacy notice
We review this policy on a regular basis. This Privacy Notice was last reviewed on: 03/05/18.