Join the MiSP Mindful Running Team!
There are a small group of dedicated MiSP supporters who will be running or walking 10k for us this summer to raise funds. Having originally signed up to run the ASICS London 10k, which has been cancelled along with all other mass gatherings, this intrepid band have not let a global pandemic halt their efforts. They will be completing 10k in their local areas in order to support the work of our charity.
Will you take on the challenge and join them?
Whether you are regular runner, an infrequent jogger, or perhaps you prefer to walk – we would welcome your support. Many of the runners will aim to complete their 10k on Sunday, 5th July 2020 but if you can’t make this date, or need more time to train, that is fine and you can just let us know.
If you would like to do something to help us, and can safely complete a 10k whilst observing current health guidelines, then please complete the steps below to raise funds to support mental health in schools:
1. LET US KNOW!
Please complete our Fundraiser Challenge Form and we will send you a free Challenge T-Shirt to wear and spread the word about your challenge!
2. SET UP JUSTGIVING
Please set up your fundraising page on JustGiving.
- Click the orange ‘Fundraise for us’ button in the top right hand corner
- Log in to your JustGiving account and set up the following details:
- You are taking part in an ‘Organised event’ (which is not on the drop down list) so please complete ‘Tell us about your activity’
- You can then ‘Personalise your page’ and ‘Tell your supporters your story’. If you would like to add information about MiSP and our work here, please feel free to copy and past information from our website.
3. START FUNDRAISING!
Share the link to your JustGiving page and start raising funds!
- Send an email with the JustGiving link to your family, your friends and you colleagues, explaining what you are doing, inviting them to donate and thanking them for their support. If running 10k is unusual for you, don’t forget to highlight that this is a genuine challenge that you are undertaking!
- Share the JustGiving link on your Twitter feed (and use our @dotbschools Twitter handle)
- Share the JustGiving link on your Linkedin page, your Facebook page, you Instagram feed and on any other social media platforms you use
- Talk to your employer. Many companies will support employee fundraising initiatives with internal activities or even offer to match funding that you raise. If your employer is interested in supporting Mindfulness in Schools Project work more broadly please let me know and we would be very happy to talk to them.
- Provide us with a blog on how your training is going! We will be happy to publish this to raise awareness of your efforts.
4. GOOD LUCK
Good luck with your training. We will be cheering you on! Look after yourself and enjoy your running.