By applying for the .begin course you are confirming your agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
Please read carefully and print off a copy of this agreement between you and MiSP for future reference.
1.0. Applicants must read and agree that they meet the following prerequisites:
i. Be employed by a school or work within an educational setting on a regular basis.
ii. Be over 18 years of age
iii. Be able to commit to the dates and times of the online sessions
iv. Have access to a computer or laptop with a webcam and have a good broadband speed capable of running Zoom, click here to check technical requirements.
v. Understand that this course is not intended as a therapeutic intervention. Should you have any concerns regarding your mental or physical health, please see your GP or other medical advisors.
vi. .begin is intended for participants who have not previously taken part in an 8-week secular mindfulness training course.
vii. Understand that .begin does not involve training to teach mindfulness to young people or adults. It is an introduction to mindfulness for the purpose of supporting participants in terms of their own understanding of mindfulness and general wellbeing.
NB Applicants from outside of the UK must:
Meet the above prerequisites
Be able to speak and understand English to an ‘Upper Intermediate Level’, ie be able to interact fluently with native speakers, communicate effectively and understands everyday language.
1.1 Course applications should be made via the MiSP website: www.mindfulnessinschools.org.
1.2. Once you have applied, you will receive a message confirming MiSP has received your application. If there is a space available on the course, you will be sent an offer letter and an invoice for the course fee.
1.3. A legally binding agreement will not come into existence until MiSP has offered you a place on the course by:
i. Notifying you by email in an offer letter that you have been accepted on the course and
ii. Receiving payment in cleared funds from yourself or, if applicable, your employer.
iii. Any costs or expenses connected with joining the course are entirely the course applicant’s responsibility.
iv. If you have any specific needs, please advise us at the earliest possible time and we will contact you to discuss your requirements.
2. The course fee will be displayed on the course application form and an on the invoice emailed to you.
2.1. Payment is required in full to secure your place on the course.
i. Payment can be made by bank transfer or cheque. In exceptional circumstances, only you can pay by Paypal but an additional charge will be made to cover Paypal fees.
ii. Any payment made to MiSP will be for the invoiced sterling amount and any currency costs or bank fees must be borne by the payer.
Joining instructions will be sent out by email prior to the commencement of the course.
Cancellation, Refund and Deferral Policy
3. Should you wish to cancel your place on a .begin course, you must inform MiSP of your decision by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
3.1. If you cancel your place on the course up to 30 days prior to its start date you will be offered:
i. A full refund OR
ii. A transfer to another course within one year. A transferred place cannot be transferred again and no refund will be possible if that place is then cancelled.
3.2. If you cancel your place on the course within less than 30 days prior to its start date:
i. No refund will be possible (see exceptions in 3.2ii.)
ii. If the cancellation is due to ill health certified by a doctor’s certificate or certain exceptional circumstances then MiSP has the discretion to transfer the place to another course within one year if availability allows and for a fee of £25. A transferred place cannot be transferred again and no refund will be possible if that place is then cancelled.
iii. In order to gain maximum benefit from the .begin course you are expected to attend all sessions. However, should anything occur that prevents you from attending a session, please let your instructor know as soon as possible in advance of the next session. If you do not attend all the sessions, it is at the instructor’s discretion whether or not you are deemed to have completed the course, and therefore whether or not you will be issued with a certificate
3.3 MiSP reserves the right to cancel a course up to 14 days prior to the commencement of the course. If due to unforeseen circumstances, MiSP needs to cancel a course you will be offered your choice of a place on another course or a full refund.
3.4. MiSP shall not be liable to refund of fees or other penalties should courses be cancelled due to circumstances beyond MiSP’s control.
4. At all times, MiSP remains the owner of the intellectual property in the courses and the accompanying course Materials. You may not modify, adapt, copy, reproduce, re-publish, translate, make available, disseminate or distribute in any way any of the Materials provided on the course. No course or course materials, nor any part thereof may be reproduced, stored or transmitted in any form or by any means without the prior written permission of MiSP.
You are required to purchase a copy of A Practical Guide to Finding Peace in a Frantic World by Mark Williams and Danny Penman for use during the course. Copyright of this and the accompanying audio files remain with Piatkus.
5. Personal information collected and/or processed by us will be used for the purposes set out in the Privacy notice and will be held in accordance with the provisions of the Data Protection Act 2018. Email correspondence and Dropbox Paper files are regularly viewed by your instructor and are viewable by the MiSP administrator if required for course administration, training or safeguarding purposes.
6. MiSP has the right to update or amend these Terms and Conditions from time to time. These terms and conditions are available on MiSP’s website.
7. If you have symptoms of physical or mental ill health it is your responsibility to consult with your doctor and/or other healthcare professionals and follow their advice
Mindfulness in Schools Project, Bank House, Bank Street, Tonbridge, Kent TN9 1BL
Issued by Mindfulness in Schools Project on 1st February 2018