Mindfulness in Schools Project (“MiSP”)
Please read carefully and print off a copy of this agreement between you and MiSP for future reference. By applying for a course you are confirming your agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
1. Course applications should be made on our website www.mindfulnessinschools.org.
1.1. You will receive an automated email confirming MiSP has received your application and subject to meeting the course prerequisites you will be sent an offer letter and an invoice.
1.2. A legally binding agreement shall not come into existence until MiSP has offered you a place on the course by
i) Notifying you by email in an offer letter that you have been accepted on the course and
ii) Receiving payment in cleared funds from yourself or if applicable your employer.
iii) If you are resident outside the European Union (EU) you must ensure that you have a valid visa and can comply with all immigration requirements before booking a course. Any travel costs and other expenses are entirely the course applicants responsibility.
iv) If you have any specific needs, please advise us at the earliest possible time and we will contact you to discuss your requirements.
v) You must be at least 18 years of age to attend any MiSP training course.
2. The course fee will be displayed on the course application form and an invoice emailed
2.1. Payment is required in full to secure your place on the course
i) Payment may be made by BACs transfer or cheque or by exception only by Paypal when an additional charge will be made to cover the Paypal costs
ii) Any payment made to MiSP will be for the invoiced sterling amount with any currency costs or bank fees borne by the payer.
Joining instructions will be sent out by email prior to commencement of the course.
3. You must inform MiSP of your decision to cancel by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
3.1. If you cancel your place on the course up to 30 days prior to its start date you will be offered:
i) A refund of 80% of the course fee OR
ii) A transfer to another course within one year. A transferred place cannot be transferred again and no refund will be possible if that place is then cancelled.
3.2. If you cancel your place on the course with less than 30 days prior to its start date
i) No refund is possible (see exceptions in 3.2ii.)
ii) If the cancellation is due to ill health certified by a doctor’s certificate or exceptional circumstances then MiSP has the discretion to transfer the place to another course within one year if availability allows and for a fee of £75 to cover a portion of MiSP’s non-recoverable costs on the first course. A transferred place cannot be transferred again and no refund will be possible if that place is then cancelled.
3.3. MiSP will not issue a certificate of training if you leave the course early
3.4. MiSP reserves the right to cancel a course up to 30 days prior to the commencement of the course. If MiSP cancels a course you will be offered your choice of a place on another course or a full refund.
3.5. MiSP shall not be liable to refund of fees or other penalties should courses be cancelled due to circumstances beyond our control.
4. At all times, MiSP remains the owner of the intellectual property in the courses and the accompanying course Materials. You may not modify, adapt, copy, reproduce, re-publish, translate, make available, disseminate or distribute in anyway any of the Materials provided on the course and made available online via the Teachers’ Network other than as covered in 4.1. No course or course materials, nor any part thereof may be reproduced, stored or transmitted in any form or by any means without the prior written permission of MiSP
4.1. You may seek permission from MiSP to translate the materials for your own personal teaching and on acceptance of the terms and conditions laid out in MiSP’s Personal Translation Agreement.
5. Personal information collected and/or processed by us will be used for the purposes set out in the Privacy notice and will be held in accordance with the provisions of the Data Protection Act 2018.
6. MiSP has the right to update or amend these Terms and Conditions from time to time. These terms and conditions are available on MiSP’s website.
7. I agree to allow MiSP use of photographs and video footage taken of me during MiSP training in publications, press articles, promotional material and on the website.
Mindfulness in Schools Project, Bank House, Bank Street, Tonbridge, Kent TN9 1BL
Issued by Mindfulness in Schools Project on 27th May 2016