Definition of ‘Host’ organisation
Mindfulness in Schools Project (MiSP) is delighted to work with overseas organisations who enable us to run our Teach .b and Teach Paws b courses internationally. MiSP remains responsible for delivering the training course and, typically, the ‘host’ organisation is responsible for providing the venue and fees to cover MiSP costs. The ‘host’ organisation will often provide many of the course applicants but may also choose to open the course to applicants external to their organisation who will pay the ‘host’ organisation an agreed attendance fee.
On successful completion of the course there will then be a separate agreement between the applicant and MiSP to cover the permissions as to how and where .b or Paws b can be taught and in order to have access to The Hub where their online teacher resources will be accessed on completion of the course.
By applying for a course you are confirming your agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
1. Course applications should be made on our website www.mindfulnessinschools.org.
1.1. You will receive an automated email confirming MiSP has received your application and subject to meeting the course prerequisites you will be sent an offer letter from MiSP. You will separately be sent an invoice by the ‘host’ organisation.
1.2. A legally binding agreement shall not come into existence until:
i) MiSP has notified you by email in an offer letter that you have been accepted on the course and;
ii) The ‘host’ organisation has received payment in cleared funds from yourself or if applicable your employer.
1.3. Please note:
i) The application forms of successful applicants will be shared with the ‘host’ organisation.
ii)If you have any specific needs, please advise us at the earliest possible time and we will contact you to discuss your requirements.
iii) You must be at least 18 years of age to attend any MiSP training course.
iv) It is your responsibility to ensure you have a valid visa and can comply with immigration requirements before booking a course. Any travel costs and other expenses are entirely the course applicant’s responsibility.
2. The course fee will be displayed on the course application form and on an invoice which you will receive by email from the ‘host’ organisation.
2.1 Payment is required in full to secure your place on the course.
3. Joining instructions will be sent out by email prior to commencement of the course.
Cancellations and Refunds
4. You must inform the ‘host’ organisation of your decision to cancel by email. Usually no refunds will be possible – please check directly with the ‘host’ organisation.
4.1 You will not be issued a certificate of training if you leave the course early.
4.2 The ‘host’ organisation reserves the right to cancel a course up to 30 days prior to the commencement of the course. They shall not be liable for a refund of fees or other penalties should courses be cancelled due to circumstances beyond their control. We strongly advise course applicants to check directly with the ‘host’ organisation for their policy on cancellation and refunds.
5. At all times, MiSP remains the owner of the intellectual property of the Teach .b, Teach Paws b and .b Foundations courses and the accompanying course Materials. You may not modify, adapt, copy, reproduce, re-publish, translate, make available, disseminate or distribute in anyway any of the Materials provided on the course. No course or course materials, nor any part thereof may be reproduced, stored or transmitted in any form or by any means without the prior written permission of MiSP.
6. Personal information collected and/or processed by us will be used for the purposes set out in the Privacy notice and will be held in accordance with the provisions of the Data Protection Act 2018.
7. MiSP has the right to update or amend these Terms and Conditions from time to time. These terms and conditions are available on MiSP’s website.
7.1 Applicants agree to allow MiSP use of photographs and video footage taken of them during MiSP training in publications, press articles, promotional material and on the website.
Mindfulness in Schools Project, Bank House, Bank Street, Tonbridge, Kent TN9 1BL
Issued by Mindfulness in Schools Project on 1st June 2019