Thank you so much for joining the MiSP Mindful Running Team! Make sure you have completed the steps below to support our work and ensure your efforts can positively impact as many children and young people as possible!
If you haven’t done so already, please register as a MiSP team member here.
2. SET UP JUSTGIVING
Please set up your fundraising page on JustGiving.
- Click the orange ‘Fundraise for us’ button in the top right hand corner
- Log in to your JustGiving account and set up the following details:
- You are taking part in an ‘Organised event’ (which is not on the drop down list) so please complete ‘Tell us about your activity’
- You can then ‘Personalise your page’ and ‘Tell your supporters your story’. If you would like to add information about MiSP and our work here, please feel free to copy and past information from our website.
3. START FUNDRAISING!
Share the link to your JustGiving page and start raising funds!
- Send an email with the JustGiving link to your family, your friends and you colleagues, explaining what you are doing, inviting them to donate and thanking them for their support. If running 10k is unusual for you, don’t forget to highlight that this is a genuine challenge that you are undertaking!
- Share the JustGiving link on your Twitter feed (and use our @dotbschools Twitter handle)
- Share the JustGiving link on your Linkedin page, your Facebook page, you Instagram feed and on any other social media platforms you use
- Talk to your employer. Many companies will support employee fundraising initiatives with internal activities or even offer to match funding that you raise. If your employer is interested in supporting Mindfulness in Schools Project work more broadly please let me know and we would be very happy to talk to them.
- Provide us with a blog on how your training is going! We will be happy to publish this to raise awareness of your efforts.
4. GOOD LUCK
Good luck with your training. Whether you are hoping just to complete it, or aiming for a personal best, look after yourself and enjoy your running.