- Be employed by a school or work within an educational setting on a regular basis or be the parent or carer of a child still in education. Please note School Governors and those who volunteer regularly in a school (including parent volunteers) are eligible to apply. You are also eligible to apply if you have an interest in supporting your own wellbeing even if you do not work in an educational setting or do not have a child in education. If you are unsure whether you are eligible please email email@example.com.
- Be attending this course willingly, by personal choice. This course requires active participation and commitment and if you are here because your employer/school has mandated it please let us know via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Be over 18 years of age
- Be able to commit to the dates and times of the online sessions
- Have access to a computer or laptop with a webcam and have a good broadband speed capable of running Zoom, click here to check technical requirements.
NB: Participants will be expected to keep webcams on during the course.
- Understand that this course is not intended as a therapeutic intervention. Should you have any concerns regarding your mental or physical health, please see your GP or other medical advisors. A member of the MiSP team may contact you to discuss your application and ensure this is the right time for you to be doing the course.
- Whilst .begin is designed for participants who have not previously taken part in an eight-week secular mindfulness training course, applicants who have already done an 8-week course and wish to take .begin as a refresher are still very welcome.
- Understand that .begin does not involve training to teach mindfulness to young people or adults. It is an introduction to mindfulness for the purpose of supporting participants in terms of their own understanding of mindfulness and general wellbeing.
I confirm that I meet the prerequisites listed above.
.begin is an introduction to mindfulness for your own wellbeing
I understand that .begin does not involve training to teach mindfulness to young people or adults.
Please confirm that you understand that this course is not a substitute for any medical treatment you might need. If you have recently experienced trauma, bereavement, severe depression or any other mental or physical health condition, please confirm that you have consulted with a medical practitioner that attending a .begin course is appropriate for you.
I have read the information above and confirm I understand that this course is not a substitute for any medical treatment I might need. I agree that if I have, or have recently had, difficult life experiences, or symptoms of physical or mental ill-health including trauma, bereavement, severe depression or any other mental or physical health condition, it is my responsibility to consult with my doctor and/or other healthcare professionals and follow their advice. I understand that course instructors are not able to offer therapeutic support.
Terms & Conditions
Please confirm that you have read and agree to the Terms & Conditions for booking a .begin course.
I have read and agree to the Terms & Conditions for booking a .begin course.
I have read and agree to MiSP using my data for the purposes set out in the Privacy Notice.
3. Complete the Application Form
Please read each question carefully, and respond as fully and accurately as possible.