Dealing with stress in schools: How mindfulness can improve the wellbeing of the school community.
Mindfulness in Schools Project (MiSP) offers informative and engaging one-day wellbeing workshops which addresse the challenges of strengthening mental wellbeing for school staff and provide a mindfulness-based strategy to improve staff wellbeing within schools, both on an individual basis and as part of a whole-school approach.
According to the UK’s Health and Safety Executive, teaching staff and education professionals report the highest rates of work-related stress, depression and anxiety in Britain.
What can education professionals do to support their own mental health and wellbeing?
What can education professionals do to embed wellbeing in their schools?
While exploring the evolutionary basis of, and scientific evidence relating to, stress, the wellbeing workshops provide a brief introduction to what mindfulness is and isn’t, the theoretical framework underpinning it, and some basic practices which can support education professionals in their personal and professional lives. In particular, we look at how these practices can help us to step back, notice choice points and work with difficulty as it arises. We also look at the cultural context and how to implement a strategy to improve wellbeing for individuals and across the whole school.
Wellbeing Workshops Objectives:
- To acknowledge the causes of stress within schools.
- To explore the science of stress and how the mind works in stressful situations.
- To understand how mindfulness reduces stress and increases wellbeing.
- To learn practical tools for managing and reducing stress.
- To develop mindfulness-based strategies to improve and support wellbeing in schools.
Wellbeing workshops are suitable for:
- School management and leadership professionals
- Teachers from all types of school
- Support staff
- Those with responsibility for welfare, performance and impact
How much do MiSP Wellbeing Workshops cost?
This one-day course costs £75 (+ VAT where applicable).
If this course/ session meets the conditions of an exempt supply of education provided by an eligible body it will be exempt from VAT.
For further information please see the Terms & Conditions for attending a MiSP one-day course.